At its research facilities in Japan, BEMAC has been developing new technology to set a new world standard for energy conservation. From the perspective of enhancing the long-life management of vessels and shipping, it is becoming increasingly important to research and develop products that include considerations for long-term cost reductions.
- Communications between the land and sea, and on-board LAN
- Equipment on-board ship is connected in order to monitor energy consumption in real time.
In addition, land-based assistance using the sea-land communications provides support for optimized transport plans.
- Solar panels
- The use of natural energy sources such as sunlight on board ships is helping to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide.
- Lithium-ion battery modules
- Utilizing their excellent capacity for recharge and discharge, lithium-ion battery modules are used on board to increase energy efficiency.
- LED lighting
- LED lighting helps to reduce electric power consumption on board ship.
- Electric vehicles
- Efforts are being made to integrate on-board electric technologies that have been developed with electric vehicles (EVs).